FOR ANTI-CORRUPTION PROGRAMME IN TIMOR LESTE
UNODC is a global leader in the fight against illicit drugs and international crime, including corruption. It is a lead provider of specialized assistance to Governments for addressing the legal, criminal justice and rule of law aspects of counter narcotics, crime prevention and counter-terrorism. It operates in all regions through an extensive network of field offices.
The UNODC Programme Office in Indonesia seeks to recruit a national Programme Officer that will support the implementation of an Anti-Corruption Programme in Timor-Leste providing technical assistance to the Government of Timor-Leste in strengthening national Anti-Corruption institutions. The programme is jointly implemented by selected partners and UNODC through the Programme Office in Indonesia. The Regional Office of UNODC in Bangkok, and the Justice and Integrity Unit and the Corruption and Economic Crime Branch at the UNODC Headquarters in Vienna will provide necessary technical backstopping and guidance.
In addition, the Programme Officer will support the smooth execution of any other activities that may be carried out in Timor-Leste by the UNODC Indonesia Office including donor consultations and fundraising activities for the start-up of new UNODC projects in Timor-Leste.
Under the direct supervision of the UNODC Programme Officer in Anti-Corruption based at the UNODC Indonesia Office and the Country Manager of the UNODC Indonesia Office, the Programme Officer will render all assistance necessary in the planning, implementation, and delivery of programme activities. The Programme Officer will work in close collaboration with partner institutions and other stakeholders in Timor-Leste to successfully implement the UNODC project.
I. Academic Qualifications:
§ Bachelor Degree or Master Degree in International Relations, Political Science, Economics, Statistic or other relevant fields of study is required.
II. Years of experience:
§ Minimum of 4 years’ relevant experience for Bachelor Degree and minimum of 2 years’ relevant experience for Master Degree, in providing project management support, hands-on experience in planning, implementation and reporting of development project activities and establishing inter-relationships among international organization and national governments is required.
§ Working experience in the area of anti-corruption will be highly desirable.
§ Good knowledge of UN/UNODC rules and procedures in relation to project administration and implementation will be highly desirable.
§ Working experience networking with CSOs and the private sector, will be highly desirable
· Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) is required
· Prior experience in planning, designing, implementing, analysing and reporting results of qualitative and quantitative studies including survey design and implementation;
III. Language skills
§ Excellent communication and drafting skills in English proven by previous evaluation reports;
· Extensive knowledge of, and experience in the programme/project implementation
· Strong record in monitoring and evaluations;
· Strong knowledge of Timor Leste’s anti-corruption frameworks and initiatives;
· Strong record on working in anti-corruption programme and/or policy;
· Understanding of gender and human rights consideration is an asset;
· Ability to operate MS-Office, media development software and other office equipment;
· Fluency in written and spoken English is an absolute necessity;
· Fluency in written and spoken Tetum is required.
How to apply
Online application, procurement notifications and complete documents are provided through this link: http://procurement-notices.
Please submit your application no later than 5pm of 23 March 2017.
CORRUPTION: Your No Counts