Consultancy Services Announcement
Development and Implementation of a Communications Strategy for the German Development Cooperation and GIZ in Timor-Leste.
The German Development Cooperation has been working in Timor-Leste since 1999. In the first years of the Cooperation, activities were directed towards development-oriented emergency and transitional aid, in connection with food security measures in the field of improved access to water and nutrition, agriculture productivity and conflict prevention. Since 2007, peacebuilding has been the primary focus, a commitment which has been renewed during the government consultations of 2015.
The technical cooperation in this area – implemented by GIZ – focuses on the promotion of employability and employment of marginalized and vulnerable groups as well as on strengthening the capacities of youth workers and civil society organizations to promote non-violent conflict management. Outside the main focus area, GIZ also supports capacity building in the maritime sector.
This includes technical support to the management of the Dili Port and – in cooperation with SEPFOPE – capacity Development of the employees in the maritime sector. GIZ does also implement projects co-financed by the EU.
These comprise currently of the Global Climate Change Alliance Program and presumably from mid-2017 onwards, the Partnership for Sustainable Agro-Forestry (PSAF) between Timor-Leste, the European Union (EU) and Germany (BMZ). To help with highlighting results and raise awareness about GIZ’s work in Timor-Leste, GIZ is currently looking for a qualified Consultant/ Consultancy Firm.
Scope of Work
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the GIZ Country Coordinator in Timor-Leste, the Consultant/ Consultancy Firm shall provide the following communications related services:
- Design and formulate the development of the GIZ communications and advocacy strategy in Timor-Leste on the basis of the German Cooperation, the GIZ and the EU CD guidelines;
- Identify new and creative ways to enhance visibility and outreach, specifying audiences, messages, communications tools, channels and activities;
- Develop an associated one year work plan which frames timescales and required resources;
- Train selected GIZ national personnel on elements of the communications strategy to ensure a profound understanding of the principles and rationale behind the strategy;
- A comprehensive communications strategy;
- An associated one year-costed work plan;
- Training sessions for GIZ personnel;
Profile of the Consultant/ Consultancy Firm
GIZ is looking for (a team) of expert(s) with proven track record working in the field of media and communications, with experience in the usage of media technology, social media for public information/advocacy, communications platforms and experience in handling of web –based management systems. Desired qualifications, experience and skills of the consultant(s) include:
- Relevant degree in public relations, journalism, media or related fields. Other qualifying experience may be acceptable;
- Good judgement, including the ability to conform with complex visual identity requirements;
- Familiarity with the specific communications environment in Timor-Leste (e.g. ETAN, newspapers, etc.);
- Experience in institutional communications in the field of international development cooperation;
- Knowledge and understanding of Timor-Leste’s key development challenges, in particular issues related to youth, employment, peacebuilding and climate change is desirable;
- Excellent command of oral and written English and Tetum including creative and versatile writing;
We estimate the service will require up to15 consultant days, spread over a period of one to two months. A separate tender to support the implementation of the proposed strategy will be issued later on.
Documents to be included when submitting the Proposal
- For companies: Company Profile with company structure and copy of business license;
- Detailed curricula vitae of the assigned expert(s);
- For individuals/consultant : CV, if non-Timorese copy of passport and working visa or stay visa;
- Technical Bid and Financial bid, work samples (e.g. prior publications) and 2 professional references;
Please submit the expression of interest including the documents above in a sealed envelope to the following address:
Attn : Contract Section – “GIZ Communication Consultancy”, Deutsche Gesellschaft fürInternationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH
GIZ Joint Administration Dili Palm Business and Trade Centre, 3rd FloorSurik Mas, Fatumeta, Bairro Pite, Dom Aleixo Dili, Timor-Leste P.O. Box 60
Or send it to [email protected]
We are looking forward to receive your expression of interest until 15 May 2017.Selected individuals or companies will be notified
Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH;
Sitz der Gesellschaft Bonn und Eschborn/Registered offices Bonn and Eschborn, Germany;
Registergericht/Registered at Amtsgericht Bonn, Germany; Eintragungs-Nr./Registration no. HRB 18384 und/and Amtsgericht Frankfurt am Main, Germany; Eintragungs-Nr./Registration no. HRB 12394;
USt-IdNr./VAT ID no. DE 113891176;
Vorsitzender des Aufsichtsrats/Chairman of the Supervisory Board: Dr. Friedrich Kitschelt, Staatssekretaer/State Secretary;
Vorstand/Management Board: Tanja Goenner (Vorstandssprecherin/Chair of the Management Board), Dr. Christoph Beier (Stellv. Vorstandssprecher/Vice-Chair of the Management Board), Dr. Hans-Joachim Preuss, Cornelia Richter.(MEDIAONETIMOR)