Expression of Interest – Professional Development Program (Training, Mentoring support) to RAE’S HADOMI TIMOR OAN (RHTO) STAFF INCLUDING ALL FIELD STAFF, ESPECIALLY FEMALE FIELD OFFICERS, AND DILI OFFICE BASED STAFF
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) program is seeking expressions of interest from international or Timorese organisations with the technical capability and interest to support the design and delivery of capacity building/training program for all RHTO field officers and Dili based staff, with particular focus for on newly recruited female RHTO field officers.
RHTO is a National Disabled People’s Organizations in Timor-Leste. RHTO’s aim through this “Disability Inclusion in Timor-Leste” project is to increase the human capacity of people with disabilities, particularly women, and increase the inclusion of people with disabilities in community life. The project’s primary aim is to increase access to services for people with disabilities, enabling them to claim their rights, and fully participate in and benefit from development.
Key competencies to be achieved through the RHTO Professional Development Program
As a result of the Professional Development Program, field officers and Dili Staff of RHTO must be able to:
- Prepare work plans for their upcoming work to manage it effectively and efficiently
- Be able to prepare and tailor training (e.g. disability sensitisation training, other sector specific training) to particular audiences
- Be able to deliver training to particular audiences that is contextualised and responsive to needs, and uses adult learning principles
- Have confidence in their public speaking ability and master some techniques in responding to questions in particular hard and difficult questions
- Confidence and have a basic understanding and skill in responding and resolving conflict at the work place and community
- Understand and demonstrate leadership and advocacy skills in carrying out their work
- Be able to write clear and concise reports for a range of purposes and audiences.
- Meet other key development needs identified in the training needs analysis
Selection Criteria for applicant Organisations
- The Organisation is formally registered in Timor-Leste.
- The Organisation has in-house relevant technical expertise, institutional capacity and appropriately experienced personnel to implement the Project successfully; this may include partnering with a third party/parties to deliver parts of this work.
- Organisational experience in developing and delivering training based on needs of participants.
- Demonstrated experience in or strong understanding of meeting the accessibility needs of people with disabilities, and a strong commitment to ensuring all training is delivered to meet the accessibility needs of all participants with disabilities.
- The Organisation clearly articulates and justifies its approach to promote sustainability of outcomes and how it will utilise and build on target group capabilities.
- The capacity building program represents value for money and is in line with PHD outcomes.
- The Organisation has experience in delivering structured training and providing mentoring support that is relevant to the needs of participants.
- The Organisation has an understanding of gender equality and social inclusion, especially engaging with people with disabilities, and are fully aware of the risks of violence that may be faced by women with disabilities who are working in the communities.
The deadline for responding to this Expression of Interest and submission of all PHD Concept Notes Application Forms is 19th April 2017. Submissions of these Forms must be emailed to [email protected] by 17:00 19th April 2017 (Timor-Leste time).
To obtain further information regarding this Concept Note is attached or please email [email protected]
Venancio Ximenes | Senior Procurement Officer | Partnership for Human Development
1st Lane, Block E01-12, Palm Business & Trade Center
Surik Mas, Fatumeta Bairro-Pite, Dili, Timor-Leste
E: [email protected] M: +670 78570710 or 77879252