Jesuina Cabral [email protected] lewat lists.riseup.net
ideo, Script and Newsletter Training for SR National Office and Local Partners
Terms of Reference
ChildFund International has been serving children, youths, and their families as well as communities in Timor-Leste for over 20 years. In responding to the request from both International office (IO) and Regional office (RO) regarding the new sponsorship communication model that should include short stories, success stories, short video, photo slideshow with the purpose to increase the sponsor interest and attract them to retain with the sponsorship. There are also new ways of communication between the sponsor and the sponsored child should apply as the innovative and attractive way of sponsorship communication to build strong bond and relationship between the sponsors and their sponsored children.
The main objectives of conducting video training to the Sponsorship National office (SR NO) and the local partners (LPs) are to empower and strengthen the SR Team and selected youths in understanding of video production, photo taken and newsletter making, by:
- Train both NO staff and Local partners staff on the film making and documentary;
- Increasing the capacity of NO and LPs staff in video shooting and editing, developing short stories, developing script, and sound editing and controlling;
- Enhancing the skills in video making and photo taking process and editing;
- Developing the skills in identifying and choosing topic for video and documentary;
- Providing the skills in identifying and selecting appropriate background sound/music for short videos and stories or photo slideshow; and
- Developing skills in photo editing using photo editor software.
Scape of Work
- Provide practical knowledge and skill on how to make film and Newsletter (i.e.design storyboard, script writing, develop stories, interviewing, working as a film crew and how to operate video equipment);
- Develop skills in terms of individual film through scriptwriting and production planning; and recorded the visuals and narration to tell the story about enrolled and sponsored children and families’ life, situation and participation in the sponsorship program;
- Develop the skills from Pre-Production, Production to Post-Production include to technically edited raw footages of the story and audio from the children and to create the final film production; and
- Develop technical skills on how to screen the films in the children’s communities for awareness raising purposes.
The consultant should have at least Bachelor degree in Communication or equivalent having ample experiences on audio-visual recording, editing, and media production; clear understanding of the technical aspects of video making process and understanding of social development field is required along with experiences on using different tools and techniques in developing appropriate and quality audio-visual products.
Mode of Payment
Payment will be made in only one installment, by the end of the training, and based on negotiable price.
Tentative Work Schedule
The total working days for the consultancy will be approximately 1 week. Expected start date, March 27th to March 31, 2017.
Submission of Proposal
Interested party may submit letter of expression of interest together with proposal elaborating training methodology, and cost estimates addressed through Jesuina Cabral, HR Officer at [email protected] copying Deonisio Alves, program Sponsorship Team Leader at [email protected], or hard copy direct to ChildFund Timor Leste office, Rua Governador lacerda de maia, Vila Verde, Dili, Timor Leste. All application must be received by ChildFund no later than 21th of March 2017.
For additional information regarding ChildFund International and our programs to help children in need around the world, please visit our website at http://www.ChildFund.org. This electronic mail message is intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. This message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, print, retention, copy disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply email message and delete all copies of this message. Thank you. ChildFund International, 2821 Emerywood Parkway, Richmond, VA 23294-3725 USA