Expression of Interest
Hygienic Initiative Grant
The Partnership for Human Development (PHD) program is seeking expressions of interest from international or Timorese organisations with the sanitation technical capability and interest to work collaboratively in the development and trial of a model to achieve ‘Hygienic’ status in Atabae Administrative Post, Bobonaro Municipality.
This partnership aims to build on the success and energy generated through the Open Defecation Free (ODF) Bobonaro Initiative to support the municipal and local authorities in Bobonaro Municipality to advance from ODF status to Hygienic Status. Funding for the achievement of Administrative Post ‘Hygienic’ status will be for a period of 12 months.
- The Organisation is formally registered in Timor-Leste.
- The Organisation has in-house relevant technical expertise, institutional capacity and appropriately experienced personnel to implement the Project successfully, this may include partnering with a third party/parties to deliver parts of this work.
- Organisational experience engaging with government, communities and other relevant stakeholders within the sanitation sector.
- Demonstration of ability to establish subnational presence and networks in municipal locations in Timor-Leste.
- The Organisation is committed to establishing a field office in Atabae Administrative Post for the duration of the initiative’s implementation timeframe and capable of establishing the necessary logistical arrangements to facilitate program implementation.
- The Project can be clearly articulated and justified including its need and plans to promote sustainability of outcomes and utilising and developing stakeholder capabilities.
- The Organisation’s concept note is in line with PHD outcomes.
- The Project methodology’s level of innovation and relevance.
- The Organisation level of in-house procurement, financial management, child protection, anti-terrorism, and fraud policies and systems.
- The Organisation’s ability to implement robust M&E and risk mitigation plans.
- The Organisation has personnel qualified to train local facilitators in community development engagement and provide technical guidance around the construction of appropriate toilet technology per household and environmental needs.
- The Organisation is committed to gender equality and demonstrates support of active female engagement at leadership and implementation levels.
This is a two-stage application process. The first stage will be a call for Expressions of Interest (EoI) where organisations will submit a Concept Note Application Form that will be provide by PHD. To obtain further information regarding this Concept Note EoI, please email [email protected]
The second stage will be developing a detailed Activity Design and budget in consultation with the PHD Team. The deadline for submission of detail proposal will by 17:00 on Wednesday 10th May 2017, it should be delivered electronically to [email protected]
The deadline for responding to this Concept Note will be on Wednesday 12th April 2017. Submissions must be emailed to [email protected] by 17:00. Responses can be written in English or Tetum and must use the PHD Concept Note Application Form provided.
Venancio Ximenes | Senior Procurement Officer | Partnership for Human Development
1st Lane, Block E01-12, Palm Business & Trade Center
Surik Mas, Fatumeta Bairro-Pite, Dili, Timor-Leste
E: [email protected] M: +670 78570710 or 77879252