USAID’s Avansa Agrikultura Project
‘M&E Assistant’ Position
- PROJECT DESCRIPTION
USAID’s Avansa Agrikultura Project is a horticulture value chain activity aimed at addressing the key challenges of rural poverty, natural resource degradation, food insecurity, and under-nutrition. The value chain approach will be applied in achieving increased productivity along key horticulture value chains that include vegetables, fruits and legumes. Through the promotion of sustainable production practices, increased functionality of farmer groups and associations, improved market linkages, and increased availability and access to quality agricultural inputs and services, including access to finance, the project will aim to stimulate and support increased economic activity and growth in targeted rural communities and districts. Sustainability of these interventions will be supported by work to maintain sound policies and enabling environment relevant to the sector, as well as efforts to increase resilience to climate change and improve natural resource management as it relates to farm systems.
- SCOPE OF WORK
- Assignment Objective
The M&E Assistant is responsible assisting the M&E Specialist for managing the collection, recording, analysis, and reporting of all significant data and information related to the USAID’s Avansa Agrikultura project, both quantitative and qualitative, collected in real time as activities are implemented, and periodically through benchmarking and other surveys. This includes the maintenance of well-organized and up-to-date databases on all project stakeholders and all distinct project activities and their results. The position is responsible for assisting in designing and implementing procedures for the collection of high-quality data for all program Performance Management Indicators (PMIs) following USAID, Cardno and FTF guidelines.
The position works closely with output team members to ensure that tracking information on the activities for which they are responsible is up to date for periodic and real time reporting to the project COP and USAID. The M&E Assistant assist in maintaining and organizing procedures and information to clearly justify any attribution of targeted results to project activities in all five municipality that the project works in. For comprehensive and accurate information, the position must also organize effective data collection with the help of Data Collection Admin Assistants (DCAAs) by program beneficiaries and implementing partners. The position is also responsible for assisting the M&E Specialist in project knowledge management.
M&E Assistant Reports to the M&E Specialist.
- Specific Tasks
- Assist in organizing tasks and responsibilities in collecting information required for all Performance Management Indicators
- Assist and manage the collection of all quantitative and qualitative data required for tracking the PMIs and all other measures useful in reporting Project progress
- Assist in managing the project databases both overall and for municipality offices, where all relevant measurable information on activities, stakeholders, and results will be recorded
- Assist in ensuring that the project databases is constantly maintained and up to date, and that output leaders and other staff overseeing activities carry out their responsibilities in recording information in the M&E guidelines approved by USAID, Cardno and FTF directives.
- Produce tracking data reports for required USAID’s Avansa Agrikultura projects’ Quarterly, Annual, and Final Reports
- Assist and produce ad hoc tracking and special data reports as requested by USAID following DEC database guidelines
- Assist in organizing and managing periodic (minimum annual) surveys of beneficiary firms to record baseline and progress information, and other surveys to help establish attribution
- Ensure all training information is input into TraiNET on a monthly basis
- Assist in providing training to implementing partners to enable them to properly report data on USAIDs Avansa Agrikultura project supported activities they originate, and to build sustainable monitoring and evaluation capacities
- Relay knowledge management, maintaining files on Project technical documents, and ensuring appropriate submission to the DEC database.
- Provide assistance to other project activities as needed.
- Qualifications for Position
- Relevant university degree
- 5 years professional experience in monitoring and evaluation
- Expertise in information management software
- Experience in managing USAID project Performance Management Plans
- Experience in team working environments with ability to motivate needed action of staff associates
- Knowledge of USAID strategic goals for Timor and their operating methodologies
- Ability to use Access, and knowledge of GIS software a plus
- Strong conceptual and communications skills in verbal presentations and writing, in both local languages and in English.
This program represents a challenging, fast-paced international work environment that demands initiative, flexibility and a willingness to travel for certain aforementioned positions. In return, Cardno offers the right candidate a very competitive package and an exciting job that rewards creative thinking and offers an opportunity to develop a deep insight into the functioning of the Timor-Leste economy, and possibly beyond. Please note that the rate of pay will be based on previous salary and local labour standards. For further details please email [email protected]
To apply please send your CV and a brief cover letter in English. Applications should be emailed quoting ‘USAID’s Avansa Agrikultura Project – M&E Assistant’, to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview. Positions are open to Timor-Leste nationals. The M&E Assistant needs to have a valid Timor-Leste motorcycle license and willing to travel to district locations in a motorcycle. Cardno is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to Child Protection in all fields. Successful applicants will be required to provide a police clearance certificate.
The deadline for submission of CVs / Expressions of Interest is March 24, 2017 at 5.30pm
USAID’s Avansa Agrikultura Project managed by Cardno