Saving and Internal Lending Communities (SILC) Assistant —
CRS Timor-Leste’s Peace Begin at Home Project
Job Title: Savings and Internal Lending Communities (SILC) Assistant
Location: Dili – Liquisa
The Saving and Internal Lending Communities (SILC) Assistant will dedicate 100% his/her time for the SILC activities of Peace Begins at Home (PBH) Project to move toward its determined indicators. In coordination with the entire program team, the SILC Assistant will also contribute to the design and implementation of SILC activities, collection and analysis of data, and the development of reports for sharing project achievements with local implementation partners and donors.
Under the leadership of the PBH Project Officer II and in coordination with the entire project team, the SILC Assistant will contribute to the implementation of all SILC activities and ensure that the SILC management information system (MIS) is kept update to date and accurate contributing to overall project monitoring and evaluation, data collection, data management, data analysis, and reporting as appropriate.
- The SILC Assistant will work closely with PBH Project Officer and partner staff for SILC activities and identify and report any project challenges in data collection and data management to the Project Officer to bring into project team discussions and inclusively provide suggestions for improving system design during the life of the project. The SILC Assistant will work closely with partner monitoring staff to ensure quality of data collection acting as technical support to partner SILC and Monitoring and Evaluation staff. Monitoring and Accountability responsibilities for SILC are outlined in more detail below:
- Monitoring: Implementing monitoring activities, including timely collection of quality data and set up and maintenance of databases working closely with partner staff, facilitation of participatory reflection on monitoring results, and submission of timely progress reports.
- Accountability: Improving our accountability to a range of stakeholders through increased participation, transparent communication, responsive feedback mechanisms, and adherence to internal and external quality standards and requirements working closely with and building capacity of partner SILC and/or Monitoring and Evaluation Staff.
Field Monitoring and Data Collection:
The SILC Assistant will undertake regular field visits accompanying and supporting partner SILC and/or monitoring and evaluation staff and to monitoring project implementation and verify that the following aspects of programming are in line with CRS and project standards:
- Assist in regular group meeting, ensure the SILC meeting procedures are followed
- Assist on correct data entry into Management Information system (MIS)
- Conduct occasional data verification checks with the partners
- Conduct occasional partner visits to assist with data collection and success story and lessons learned documentation
- Assist collection of quantitative and qualitative data to measure project achievements
- Ensure data from household collection forms is accurately filled
- Ensure good quality management of the project database
- Occasional assistance to other projects for database management and data entry as needed
An important aspect of responsibility is related to Data Entry and Database Management
The SILC Assistant is the primary person responsible for ensuring the project information and data collection for project monitoring and evaluation is managed in a clear, complete, accurate, timely, and transparent manner per the filing and naming protocols established in the design of PBH project MEAL systems working through and accompanying partner SILC and/or Monitoring and Evaluation staff. This includes data entry into project databases and the maintenance of electronic and paper files for data collection and analysis by partner staff with guidance, technical assistance and accompaniment by the SILC Assistant to ensure good quality and accurate data is received.
Data Analysis and Reporting
The SILC Assistant will support the PBH Project Officer and Project Manager for PBH programming in Dili and Liquisa Municipality to review and analyze project data, make suggestions for improving the project plan and implementation, and compile reports as needed for various stakeholders including donor agencies, local partners, local communities, and relevant government ministries.
Internal: MEAL Project Officer, SILC Project Officers II, Agriculture Project Manager, Livelihood Program Manager, other projects as assigned.
External: Local implementing partner JPC Liquisa and JPC Dili Community leaders and community members.
- University degree (preferred) or High school diploma
- 2-3 years’ experience working with NGOs
- Advance knowledge of and proven capacity for word processing, spreadsheets, data entry and analysis packages and databases including MS office word, Excel and outlook
- Excellent written and spoken Tetun and Bahasa Indonesia,
- Advanced professional proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Willingness to be based in Dili and travel frequently to the field
- Proven experience in participatory research methodologies preferred
- Excellent skills for communication and community relations
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- HOW TO APPLY
Suitable qualified female candidates are especially encouraged to apply, Sent a cover letter, current CV and professional references by email to [email protected] or Delivery by hand at CRS Dili Office at Rua Dom Alexio Corte Real, Mandarin, Dili or CRS Baucau Office at Rua Samadigar Buibau, Baucau. Deadline : 23 August 2017 by 5pm the latest. For further information and full job description please email the address above. Only Short Listed Applicants will be contacted.